Monday, September 29, 2008

My dad and I have talked about going on a backpacking trip for a few years now, maybe longer. I was so excited when we started planning for this trip the year before. Jerome and I had been slowly getting the stuff we need little by little. It was a relief that this trip was finally here and we were actually doing it.
We had four of us in our group - my dad, me, Jerome, and Mike (a friend of my dad and our guild for the trip). It took us about three hours to drive to the trail head in the Beartooth Mountain.

We backpacked for three day and two nights. Luckily we had great weather for the whole trip aside from our first night being terribly cold. Mike was nice enough to share some items we forgot to bring such as hot chocolate, whiskey, and of course dessert. Thanks Mike!
My dad told us what great fishing was up here unfortunately Jerome and I didn't do so well. In fact, I didn't catch anything, but I did learn how to fillet a fish without gutting it first - super cool.

I had so much fun on this trip! I have already started to plan two more backpacking trips. It just felt so good to be out there in the fresh air and to see such beauty - I can't wait to do it more often. This trip took us 23 miles round trip and our peak altitude was 10,000ft (our second night we slept at 10,000!). I can almost guarantee you will be seeing more of our backpacking photos in the future, because this stuff is fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home